Tiny Library or Neighborhood Libraries Questions and Answers
- Does my library require registration with the city or county?
- In almost every case, no.
- Do I need to contact the local library before starting a neighborhood library?
- No, you will use your own books and books traded or left by community members. The local library is usually not involved.
- How do I start?
- Buy or build a Tiny Library, install it in your yard, put out some books. It really is that simple.
- Is there legislation to prohibit or limit Neighborhood Libraries?
- Several people have asked, and to my knowledge there is none. From my personal perspective any effort to limit a literacy and community building project seems very backward.